Turkey/Greece 2011 Day 3 of Many

Thursday, June 16, 2011


Early Wake up call ....

We are catching a ride on Pegasus (airline) Flying to Izmir to explore the ruins of Ephesus and St. John's Basilica 
Also on the Itinerary is lunch and visit to a local carpet (store) teaching facility 

We got on the flight after some seat shuffling...(long story but they where very strict on baggage weight only 44 person) Thanks to me Effie our guide was not left behind

Airplane and bus ride and we finally made it to Ephesus ... I have to say that I love traveling in May not too hot and the wild flowers were in full bloom

Ephesus - I personally didn't do much research before the trip so I was not fully aware of what was in store ... You can say I was knocked off my feet (literally as well the whole place was marble and very slick) 
Once the most important Greek cities and today one of the largest archaeological sites in the world 
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus is 1 of the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World

There was so much left of the city you could get a real feel of how elaborate and magnificent the builds looked and how they lived their lives so many years ago.



I am in a white shirt can you find me?

Ancient Toilets


Greg the Puppy Has to Stay Here!!

Enough Said!!

We walked from one side to the other where our bus was waiting to take us to lunch and demonstration on how rugs are made by hand
I can't stress enough on how much olive oil was in everything we ate ... but I am not complaining
Besides the olive oil the food was so fresh ... straight from the farm the veggies, the cheese, the wine, the bread baked the same day
No hormones ... no pesticides ... no artificial coloring 

Even the dyes used to color the cotton or silk were organic



 
My Favorite if I had $20,000 to spend



Where the color comes from

Last stop of the day was St. John's Basilica constructed in the 6th century its believed to be the burial site of John the Apostle




Stay turned for our SEA adventures   
   
Love and Laughs
Mia

No comments: