Turkey/Greece 2011 Day 4 of Many

Monday, June 27, 2011

All aboard M/V Arethusa - First time on a Curse Ship for Greg and me (We started off on a small ship only 50 travelers) - 
FYI I get queasy even when I am in the front seat of a car and since I didn't have a magic patch we were in for some trouble 



Welcome toast!!! and Dinner the Start of our lavish meals aboard Arethusa 
We sailed out of Kusadasi to Patmos - in the veil of night 
Good thing too ... I took my little white pill put my sea bands on and as soon at my head hit the pillow I was in Dreamland

Early wake up call - Breakfast starts at 6:45 and we depart at 8am to explore Patmos
Population about 2500 - They have very strict building codes so even new buildings have a very traditional look.



We visited a Holy Cave where St. John the Evangelist, one of Jesus’ twelve apostles once took refuge when exiled from Ephesus    
St. John lived in a grotto beneath the Temple of Diana for eighteen months, between 95 and 97 AD. 
It was there that he received his vision of fire and brimstone and dictated the book of Revelation. 



Then a quick ride up the hill to the Monastery



Greg Always Makes His Way to The Top 

Amazing view of the town



Short stay and we were back on the ship just in time for Bloody Mary Cocktail Lunch Hour as we sailed to Amorgos
Maybe I was too tired the first night to feel any rocking as we sailed but I was fully awake for this trip and It was a bad one 
I was feeling bad but it was lunch time so I told Greg that we should go down and try to eat something and maybe it would help with the sea sickness 
Boy was that the worse mistake of the trip so far ... I was headed into the dinning room when a man right in front of me turned to face me and throw up
Greg practically picked me up and we headed out of the room and to the open top deck. Fresh Air
There I sat for a while ... All I could think of was "This is only the first of 7 days on this ship how will I ever make it" 
Even writing about it now makes me feel a little queasy 

We made it to land ... I think I was down stairs by the door before the crew had time to put down the gangway
Land I didn't care where we where just as long as the ground stayed put.

Next All about Amorgos in Day 5 and Day 6 and ... Day??? 
Love and Laughs
Mia

No comments: