Turkey/Greece 2011 Day 1 of Many

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Long story short Me and My Husband (Greg) (and 4 other members of his family) all embarked on an adventure headed for Turkey and Greece

We had a stowaway ... Mr. Penguin jumped into my already heavy backpack ... But its always nice to have a piece of home with us at all times






After a 10 and a half hour flight to Paris and a 3 and a half hour flight to Istanbul we arrived at our destination with 3 missing suitcases ... Not one Not two But three!!!

Since Greg's parents could afford the upgrade they traveled business class so they were ensured their bags would make it ... so out of the four of us I was the lucky one to have my bag waiting for me but Greg, his brother (Eric) and his wife (Camille) all came up short handed.

Thanks to sage advice I had cross packed (You need advise on packing I am here for any questions) some of Greg's things in my bag and therefore didn't feel as upset as Eric and Camille

We made it to our hotel and our trusty Guide (Effie) was there with a smile to greet us.  She informed us that just a few blocks away there were ample shops opened late so we could get a few things we needed til our bags showed up (at this point we had not idea when that would be) 



Now writing this after a few days back home I have to say Turkey is definitely a place I want to go back
Turkey for me was amazing on many levels ... it had a unique smell as you walked on the streets of roasting nuts ... tea ... the sea ... incense  
Several times a day you could hear chanting that seem to echo off all the hills. 
From our hotel room you could see magnificent domes of so many different Mosques    



chestnuts roasting on an open fire


Yes I ate one!!!


And this was just our first day 

Love and Laughs
Mia 


No comments: