Win Win was not a lose lose

Saturday, February 19, 2011


When asked what is my blog about? I think I can narrow it down to 3 things Family, Movies, and Creating(that covers almost everything).  Now one blog could fit all three but what I write must have at least one of those so this blog is about a Movie 

Win Win, directed by Thomas McCarthy.  I could say its a wrestling movie but that would be a very big oversight on my part and this movie deserves more then that. You wouldn't call The Fighter just a boxing movie would you. I am no professional movie reviewer but I tell it like I see it. When I say a movie is good to me that means it made me feel something and made me think.  This movie did just that ... I laughed and I wouldn't call it a comedy ... I felt frustrated much like the main character Mike Flaherty (Paul Giamatti) who is an Attorney by day and by late afternoon a high school wrestling coach who's team for a lack of a better word sucks. I didn't cry but I could say that I did get a warm happy feeling without all the sap. This Attorney, Father, Coach, and Husband (Mike) who is trying to keep it all together stumbles into another family very different from his own.  An old man who is slowly losing his mind, his grandson who wrestles more then he talks, and his daughter who believes she is owed her inheritance. Mike is just trying to do right for his family and as a man.

I hope this is true for most people, we all make mistakes from time to time but I want to believe that there is a good intention behind those actions. This movie does a good job in showing the gray area in making decisions in life. Life is not always simple and some times we need to make those hard decisions ... but make these decisions from the right intentions and you might find that in the end it all works its way out (that's what I want to believe). Good movie that deals with real life situations of relatable characters. I wouldn't call it an epic however well written, well directed, and well performed so over all a Win Win on my list. 

We should all make life choices with good intentions (that's what I am taking from this movie)

Love and Laughs

Mia
A Mia Design

No comments: